Hashtag Press & The Author School
Role: Freelance Marketing and Publicity assistant for Hashtag Press and The Author School
Starting on five hours per week approximately to work remotely and in London
Great opportunity to gain experience in publishing
CV (including social media links)
Cover letter including why you think you’re the best person for this role
And a separate one-pager (500 words) on the following question:
How would you boost awareness through marketing and publicity for one of our Hashtag Press titles?
Tasks will include but not be limited to:
• Email monitoring, responding to author enquiries, booking meetings with Helen and Abiola and liaising with suppliers.
• Management of submissions for Hashtag Press including responding to author enquiries and reading the submissions before giving your recommendations and thoughts to Helen / Abiola.
• Attending events, building brand awareness, attracting talented writers to the Company, promoting the opportunities and submissions process to writers, making new connections and scouting for talent.
• Promoting Hashtag Press and The Author School to writers’ associations, universities with creative writing and English courses, small to large writers clubs, bloggers and book reviewers, literary critics, publishing houses and agents - and other potential stakeholders.
• Social media support across Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for Hashtag Press and The Author School.
• Online research and general admin support to Helen and Abiola.
If this is for you, please email us at email@example.com
Closes September 27th
Successful candidates will be notified by email and will be called in for an interview